Banana is a fruit, which is widely eaten but probably not much appreciated. Mother nature has bestowed upon us this wonderful fruit, which is a whole food in itself. The best part of the fruit is that its easy to eat, just peel it and have it! How simple!! (For the love of simple things!)
The thing with banana is, the yummy it tastes, the nutrient dense it is. Now it’s not that it is the only nutrient dense food that is present in the world, but its benefits have mostly gone unnoticed.
- Moderate blood sugar levels: The bananas contain Peptin and Resistant starch that regulates the amount of blood sugar that is present. They rank low to medium on the glycemic index (it’s a measure how quickly the blood sugar levels are raised). But the same thing might not really apply to a diabetic patient. They also reduce the stomach emptying rate.
- Weight loss: Banana’s do not increase your weight!!! It’s a myth!!! Get over it. Stop blaming the poor banana every time you weigh yourself on the scale, and for once maybe check your eating habits instead! These are filled with resistant starch and hence lead to the reduced stomach emptying rate!
- Happy heart: Banana is one fruit , that is the easiest source available for introducing potassium and magnesium in our diets! Also these minerals help in controlling the blood pressure and yes, it does keep the heart healthy and happy.
- Antioxidant rich: This fruit is high in antioxidants and consist of catechin and dopamine. These reduce the risk of various degenerative diseases.
- Kidney health: Ideally the bananas are good for kidneys as they provide potassium which is required for various kidney functions. But in case of a kidney malfunction, the banana must be avoided so that no excess pressure is put on our small little beans!
- Food for athletes: This is literally food for athletes. It’s easily digested, helps in recovering from cramps, and provide excellent nutrition before and after endurance exercise. So having worked out, and so hard at that, ditch that Starbucks coffee, have a banana instead. It would be lesser healthier calories plus the body would recover faster.
Bananas are the easiest fruits that can be added in your diet. That too in a jiffy! The sweetness of the fruit reduces the need to add sugar in your food.!
Keep following for some upcoming yummy banana recipes. Promise they would be easy and tasty!